The inside of a modern and large condominium association office

Pennsylvania Condo Insurance – Plymouth Rock Assurance

Plymouth Rock makes Pennsylvania condo insurance quick and easy. So easy that you can get covered in just a few minutes by getting an online quote, giving us a call at 833-857-5848 or talking to your local agent.

Unsure whether you need a condo policy in the first place? We can clear that up with a short answer: Yes. If you own a condominium unit, you will probably need a condo policy. And no, your condominium association's (COA) insurance policy does not provide all the coverage you need to protect your home and your assets.

What Is Condominium Insurance Coverage in PA?

You're probably figuring out that condominium insurance coverage in PA is a whole other thing compared to a renters or standard homeowners policy. Condo coverage falls somewhere in between those two kinds of policies.

Owners of single family homes need to insure their entire property under one policy: structure, contents, liability for the entire property – the whole shebang.

When it comes to condominiums, that responsibility is split between the master condominium association (COA) insurance policy and the condo coverage you buy yourself.

The COA policy typically covers most things outside your individual unit – the building's common areas, the building exterior, the basement, roof – you get the idea.

That's all well and good, but that policy leaves you largely unprotected within the walls of your unit. You'll need something to fill those gaps and that's where condo coverage comes in.

Why Do You Need Condo Coverage?

Your condo policy will help protect your home from a variety of trouble (called "perils" on your policy). You'll have to check your specific policy for coverage details, but perils typically include: fire or lightning; windstorm or hail; explosions; riot or civil commotion; aircraft; smoke; vandalism; theft; falling objects; and more!

It's a lot of protection from the unexpected for not a lot of cost.

What Does Condo Insurance Cover?

Your condo policy is sometimes referred to as "studs-in" or "walls-in" coverage – it's focused on what's inside your individual unit, including:

  • Property that is permanently installed but which is not covered by the HOA policy (think kitchen counters, cabinets and those expensive wood floors).
  • Your personal possessions like furniture, clothing and electronics. Really, all of your "stuff." Just a quick note: you may need expanded coverage for certain expensive items like jewelry or computers – your insurance professional or agent will be able to help you.

Under your condo policy, you also get other coverages that aren't necessarily related to the construction of your condo. These help protect you and your assets. Your policy comes with:

  • Liability protection if you're found legally responsible for an injury that occurs inside your unit, or to cover damages that occur to someone else's property while inside your unit.
  • Loss of use coverage to help you pay for extra expenses you incur if damage to your unit makes it temporarily uninhabitable.
  • Medical coverage for people injured while in your condo, whether or not you're found to be legally responsible. You know... if someone trips on their own untied shoelace and falls.

Ready to Get Covered?

Go online, call us at 833-857-5848 or find a local agent to see how we can help you save on Pennsylvania condo insurance. For additional information, please visit our contact us page.


Plymouth Rock Assurance is a marketing name used by a group of separate companies that write and manage property and casualty insurance in multiple states. Insurance in Pennsylvania is underwritten by Palisades Insurance Company, Palisades Property and Casualty Insurance Company and High Point Preferred Insurance Company.