Auto Insurance Claims
Auto Insurance Claims
How to File a Claim and What to Expect
From major accidents to fender benders to windshield repair, here's everything you need to report and track your auto claim with Plymouth Rock.
At the Scene of an Accident
Even a minor accident can shake up the most experienced driver. Try your best not to panic while taking these steps and gathering the necessary information. Doing so will help keep everyone safe, settle your claim and protect you from potential insurance fraud.
- Move your vehicle to a safe location if it is operable and you are physically able, but do not leave the scene
- If you or anyone were hurt, call 911 for medical assistance (Never move an injured person unless they are in imminent danger)
- Contact the police; they’ll send an officer if needed
- Exchange information with those involved
- Be polite, but avoid discussing fault (When you file an insurance claim, the adjuster will determine this)
- If your vehicle is not drivable, request roadside assistance
- Contact information (full names, phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses) and license details of all drivers
- Insurance information (company name, policy number, phone number) of all drivers
- Vehicle descriptions (make, model, color) and license plate numbers of all drivers
- Full names and phone numbers of passengers and witnesses
- Apparent injuries of anyone involved
- Accident location (street name, address, mile marker or exit number)
- Emergency service responder information, including police department (officer name, badge number, phone number, police report number), fire department and ambulance company
- The accident scene, including road conditions, skid marks, debris in the roadway and vehicle positions
- Damage to all vehicles and property
- The four corners and license plates of each vehicle involved (regardless of visible damage)
Steps in the Auto Claim Process
Even if you’re unfamiliar with our claims process, you can rest assured that we’ll be here for you every step of the way until your claim has been completely resolved. Below are the basic steps you’ll encounter.
Step 1: File Your Claim
Please have your policy number ready.
Filing your auto claim online is fast and easy.
To file your claim by phone, contact us directly.
Step 2: Assignment and Tracking of the Claim
After you report your auto insurance claim, you’ll receive a claim number to help track the progress. We’ll also assign you a friendly personal representative to walk you through your policy coverage and answer any questions you may have.
Track the status of your claim online, 24/7. View and access your claim representative’s contact information, payments we’ve issued and claim forms. New and returning Manage Your Policy customers can log in below. If this is your first time logging in, be sure to have your policy number handy.
Step 3: Damage Evaluation
If your vehicle has damage and the applicable coverage applies, we offer these super-convenient options to get you back on the road as soon as possible:
- CarPicsSM Photo Appraisals: Eliminate the need to schedule a claims inspection and receive your estimate within hours. You may even get paid that same day.*
- Crashbusters® Mobile Claim Service: Have a representative meet you to appraise the damage at a time and place that’s convenient for you, oftentimes, issuing you a check on the spot.*
- Door to Door Valet Claim Service®: Let us pick up your car and handle the repair process from start to finish. If you have rental coverage, we’ll even coordinate a rental car.
Step 4: Have Your Car Repaired
Get repairs from one of our 100% Guaranteed Repair Shops and we'll guarantee the work for as long as you own or lease your car. If you prefer, you may bring your vehicle to the shop of your choice.
Step 5: Receive Your Claim Settlement
Based on your situation, Plymouth Rock may pay your claim to the repair shop. Or we may reimburse you directly via Zelle, a safe and easy mobile payment app, direct deposit to your bank account or a paper check sent in the mail. Your claim payment will be based on the terms and coverage in your car insurance policy.
Auto related resources
Auto Glass Damage
For glass claims and repairs, you can file a claim online here.
For tow bill reimbursement or questions about towing, call 844-346-1225.
- New Jersey Teachers' Insurance Roadside Assistance is available to all Teachers' Insurance customers: 888‑676‑5449
- Plymouth Rock New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania Roadside Assistance is available to customers who have purchased the Assurance Preferred Package or the Assurance Premier Package: 855‑513‑5174
- Massachusetts and New Hampshire Roadside Assistance is available to customers who have purchased the Assurance Premier Package: 855‑513‑5174
- New York Plymouth Rock Customers: 855‑513‑5174
*Certain restrictions apply.