Man carrying package out of delivery van

Types of Business Vehicle Insurance Coverage in NJ

There are a number of different types of business vehicle insurance coverage options available in NJ. The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission mandates all vehicles registered in the state must have coverage for liability insurance for damages, coverage for medical payments and uninsured motorist coverage. In addition to government mandated coverage, many businesses are required by contract to provide extra coverage to protect them against higher property damage and personal injury claims. These are the minimum coverages that a business can have, but additional options are available.

While coverage options differ among insurance providers and not all options are available through Plymouth Rock Assurance, your local independent agent will be able to help you find the right policy for your business. Fill out this short form to request a quote from a local agent.

Some coverage options that may be available to your business include:

  • Transportation of Cargo: Vehicles engaged in transporting cargo must have liability and cargo insurance forms on file with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
  • Transportation of Household Goods: Household goods movers are liable for household property while it is in their possession.
  • Transportation of People: Schools, chartered bus companies, and limousine companies all have higher minimum insurance requirements
  • Transportation of Aggregates: Additional liability and property damage coverage may be worth considering for trucks carrying aggregates due to the potential for extensive damage to other vehicles, people, and property.
  • Learn more information about what business car insurance is and read about commercial compared to personal auto insurance.

Call 866-233-9807 or find a local independent agent to learn more about the types of business vehicle insurance coverage in NJ.  If you need additional information it can be found on our Contact Us page.