Last updated on November 28th, 2018 at 01:52 pm
Having just spoiled your significant other over the holidays, you may be struggling to come up with new gift ideas for Valentine’s Day. And while flowers and a box of chocolates delivered to the office is a classic standby, we’ve rounded up some creative ideas that will take your Valentine’s Day gift-giving to a whole new level.
But, before we get to the good stuff, here are six gifts that could seriously take the “I Love You” out of your Valentine’s Day. Think carefully before presenting your S.O. with:
- Something you found lying around the house.
- Straight up money in a card.
- A gift that’s really for you (your wife may not actually want a new orbital sander).
- Anything you meant to give to someone else.
- A gym membership (unless this has been specifically discussed beforehand).
- A dog or cat (again, you REALLY need to have discussed this first).
Now for the gifts that your S.O. may actually love:
For Him: The man in your life has likely received his fair share of button downs and “cool” ties. Take a break from the usual and consider picking up one of these:
- Smart Plug – Voice-activated assistants were all the rage during the holidays. Think about another smart accessory: a smart plug. Clap-on, clap-off lights are nice, but being able to tell your lights to turn off and on is even better.
- Cookie Cake – You know the saying: The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Order a cookie cake and have it delivered to his office. Often customizable, you can send a personal message … and maybe score some leftovers!
- The Big One: A Drone – If a remote-controlled car means “I like you” then a remote-controlled drone definitely means “I love you.” From helicopters to planes, from video to photography, you’re bound to find a drone that will make the little kid in your guy jump for joy.
For Her: Whether you’re dating, engaged, married or simply hoping to make her smile, Valentine’s Day is an excellent excuse to remind the woman in your life just how special she is to you. Take a year off from the drug-store grabs, and wrap up one of these instead:
- Electric Wine Opener – Nothing can throw a wrench into your plans like a very snug wine cork. Alleviate that unnecessary stress and give her an electric wine opener.
- Custom Date Kits – Ever struggle to come up with romantic date ideas for the lovely lady in your life? Customizable date kits are for you. Look for services that will let you subscribe your significant other for a monthly delivery filled with items for the perfect date.
- The Big One: Essential Oil Diffuser – This year, skip the candles (they can ruin the air in your home, BTW) and snag an essential oil diffuser. With scents like lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus, essential oils can help create a relaxing atmosphere and add moisture back into her home and work environment.
Life Pro Tip: If you’re dropping lots of dough on a gift (diamonds, expensive watches, etc.), you really need to make sure they’re covered by your home or renters policy in case they’re stolen, damaged in a fire, etc.
Have an idea you think should be added to our list? Comment below and let us know!