Fall is more than just colorful leaves and pumpkin-spice lattes. It’s also the perfect time to prep your home before winter sets in. Follow this fall home maintenance checklist to keep your home in tip-top shape.
Top 10 Checklist
Keep your home in prime condition with this important fall home maintenance checklist:
- Turn off exterior faucets to prevent pipes from bursting when the temperature drops. Drain and store garden hoses indoors.
- Remove leaves and debris from your gutters and downspouts. This will help prevent ice dams in the coming months.
- Seal any gaps in your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping. This will cut energy costs.
- Get your chimneys, fireplaces and vents professionally inspected and cleaned.
- Schedule a furnace tune-up to reduce energy costs and keep your family safe.
- Service your snow blower and purchase fuel. You may want to stock up on sidewalk salt too.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Tune up your major appliances before the Holidays.
- Store your outdoor furniture in a garage or shed. If you don’t have the space, invest in a waterproof furniture cover.
- Keep your yard healthy by aerating your lawn and adding mulch under trees and shrubs. Mulch will retain moisture and suppress weeds.
NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
Do you have the right coverage? We’d love to chat with you about it. Call us at 844-235-3604 or speak to a local agent. If you’d rather not talk, you can get an online quote in just 5 seconds.