Spring is here! That means longer days and warmer weather. It’s the perfect time to roll up your sleeves and inspect your property for damage caused by the winter weather. These spring home maintenance tasks will show you how.
Top 10 Checklist
Keep your home in prime condition with this important spring home maintenance checklist:
- Check your roof and chimney for damaged shingles and leaks after severe weather events. Repair or replace as needed.
- Inspect the screens on your window and doors to keep insects out. Repair or replace as needed.
- Reseal outdoor woodwork (e.g., deck, fence) to prevent wood from graying or splitting.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. While you’re at it, check the expiration dates on your fire extinguishers.
- Check for cracks and water pools in your driveway and walkways. Repair as needed.
- Inspect your sprinkler heads and test the irrigation system.
- Service your air conditioning system before summer.
- Maintain and fertilize your lawn after your regular spring cleaning.
- Spray for mosquitoes and other pests.
- Clean your home’s exterior, including windows and siding.
Some of these home maintenance tasks can be dangerous. When in doubt, your best option is to hire a professional.
The above content is for general informational purposes only and does not replace or modify any provisions, limitations or exclusions contained in any insurance policy. Links to third-party websites are provided as a convenience and are for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement of any products, services or opinions contained therein. Plymouth Rock is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the content on these sites.