Plymouth Rock Alexa Skill Terms and Conditions
This Agreement is between you and the Plymouth Rock Group of Companies (hereinafter, “Plymouth Rock”).[i]
The Skill is a voice-driven feature that allows you to obtain a quote for an insurance policy from an underwriting company associated with Plymouth Rock on devices that connect to Alexa. Once you have enabled the Skill, you can ask Alexa to obtain a quote from Plymouth Rock or identify an insurance agent in your area who is authorized to issue an insurance policy from Plymouth Rock. When you make a request to the Skill, you will receive a voice response, and a record of the voice interaction may appear in the Alexa companion app. To learn more about Alexa, please visit Alexa Help.
The Agreement is not intended to replace any other agreement that may apply in connection with any insurance policy you may have with Plymouth Rock (“Policy”). Additionally, the Skill is not designed to respond to customer service requests, and is not to be used to file an insurance claim or inquire about a pending claim. Any attempt to provide notice of, or file, a claim via Alexa will not be received by Plymouth Rock and therefore be deemed invalid. To file an insurance claim, please visit www.plymouthrock.com for contact information.
The Skill has limited ability to respond to free-form audio messages. Please do not attempt to send any messages to Plymouth Rock using Alexa unless the message is an audio command that the Skill recognizes.
- Accuracy: Plymouth Rock did not design or manufacture Alexa or your Alexa-enabled device. The device also runs software that Plymouth Rock did not write or design and over which Plymouth Rock does not have control. It is possible that Alexa will not hear you correctly, will incorrectly translate what you said, or say something different than what Plymouth Rock asked it to say. By accepting this Agreement, you understand and agree that Plymouth Rock is not responsible for inaccurate information transmitted in your interactions with Plymouth Rock via the Skill. If you have any issues or doubts about the accuracy of the information you receive from, or your interactions with, Plymouth Rock via the Skill, you should contact Plymouth Rock directly. Please visit www.plymouthrock.com for contact information.
- Changes or Amendments: Plymouth Rock may change, suspend, or discontinue the Skill, or any part of it, at any time without notice. Plymouth Rock also may amend this Agreement at its sole discretion by posting a revised agreement. Your continued use of the Skill after the effective date of the revised agreement constitutes acceptance of its terms.
- Disclaimer of Warranty: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL USE OF THE SKILL IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SKILL, AND YOU ACCEPT THAT USE OF THE SKILL IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT PLYMOUTH ROCK MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. PLYMOUTH ROCK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PLYMOUTH ROCK, OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SKILL, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL PLYMOUTH ROCK, ITS RESPECTIVE SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOTIFIED PLYMOUTH ROCK ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS BY ANY THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE ACCESS, USE OR CONTENT OF THE SKILL OR A LINKED WEB SITE WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE BROUGHT UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW OR EQUITY.
- Termination: Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of its terms. In case of such termination, Plymouth Rock may immediately revoke your access to the Skill.
- Technical Support: Plymouth Rock does not provide technical and other support for the Skill.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Venue: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to any portion of its choice of law principles that might provide for application of a different jurisdiction’s law; provided, however, that to the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws, this Agreement will not be subject to the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act as currently enacted or as may be codified or amended from time to time by any jurisdiction. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the United States District Courts for the District of Massachusetts, or if such court does not have subject matter jurisdiction, to the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Invalid Provision; Waiver: If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable from the remaining provisions, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Plymouth Rock’s failure to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such provision, or any other provision herein.
- Trademark Information: Plymouth Rock trademarks and graphics used in connection with the Skill are the property of Plymouth Rock. All other trademarks and graphics used are the property of their respective owners.
[i] The Plymouth Rock Group of Companies includes Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation, Bunker Hill Insurance Company, Bunker Hill Insurance Casualty Company, Bunker Hill Preferred Insurance Company, Bunker Hill Property Insurance Company, Bunker Hill Security Insurance Company, Pilgrim Insurance Company, Mt. Washington Assurance Corporation, Plymouth Rock Management Company of New Jersey, Palisades Safety Insurance Agency, Inc., Palisades Safety and Insurance Association, Palisades Insurance Company, Palisades Property and Casualty Insurance Company, High Point Preferred Insurance Company, High Point Safety and Insurance Company, High Point Property and Casualty Insurance Company, High Point Brokerage Company, Inc., Twin Lights Insurance Company, and Teachers Auto Insurance Company of New Jersey.