UTILITY SERVICE LINE COVERAGE
What Is Utility Service Line Coverage
Utility Service Line Coverage* provides payment if physical damage results in a leak, break, tear, rupture, collapse or arcing of a covered utility service line leading to your home. Not available on condo or renters insurance policies.
Here’s why this coverage is important:
What You’re Covered For
If you add Utility Service Line Coverage to your existing homeowners policy, and an exterior underground service line is damaged, we’ll pay for the following:
- Damages to covered utility service lines
- Excavation costs
- Expenses from expediting repairs
- Living expenses during repairs (e.g., if you need to stay at a hotel)
- Damages to outdoor property
- Electric power
- Waste disposal
- Compressed air
- Heat pump piping
- Communication and data transmission (i.e., telephone, cable transmission, etc.)
- Wear and tear
- Rust or corrosion
- Mechanical breakdown
- Collapse from above-ground weight
- Vermin, insects, rodents or other animals
- Artificially generated electric current
- Freezing or frost heave
- External force from excavation
- Tree or other root invasion
How to Purchase Utility Service Line Coverage
To add this to your policy:
- Call your agent. Because they work and live in your community, they can provide expert guidance on coverage needs.
- Don’t have an agent? Call us at 833-857-5848.
* This coverage is backed by The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company.