Your association’s coverage typically extends right up to the walls of your unit. Your condo insurance takes over from there. It protects what’s within the walls plus anything attached to them—such as your flooring, cabinets and appliances.
Example: If a burst pipe damages your kitchen cabinets, we’ll provide coverage up to the value of the cabinets.
Condo insurance can help you repair or replace damaged or stolen personal items, such as computers, bicycles, TVs and furniture. You’re covered for damage caused by fire, wind, vandalism, theft and other events.
Example: If your TV is stolen from your condo unit, or from your car, we’ll pay for you to replace it.
If someone brings a claim or lawsuit against you, condo insurance can help you pay for your defense and court costs. It can also pay for necessary medical expenses for guests who are accidentally injured in your unit.
Example: If a guest at your home trips and falls, we’ll cover their medical expenses.
If you’re forced from your unit due to a covered event, condo insurance will help cover costs such as alternate lodging and other living expenses.
Example: If a fire severely damages your unit, we’ll pay for your hotel and cover your meals.
Condo Insurance Resources
Condo Insurance FAQs
A standard condo insurance policy from Plymouth Rock keeps you well protected:
- Cabinets and Fixtures– Your association’s coverage typically goes up to the walls of your unit. We’ll protect what’s on your side of the walls, plus anything attached to them—such as your cabinets, tub, appliances and flooring.
- Your Belongings– If damaged or stolen, we’ll arrange for your items to be repaired or replaced. It also doesn’t matter if the items were inside or outside of your condo.
- Lawsuits and Medical Bills– If someone brings a claim or lawsuit against you and you’re responsible, condo insurance can help you pay for your defense and court costs. It can also pay for necessary medical expenses for guests who are accidentally injured in your unit.
- Emergency Living Expenses– If you’re temporarily forced from your condo, we’ll help cover costs such as temporary lodging, meals and other expenses while your condo is being repaired.
Our local independent agents are experienced, compassionate people—not automated bots. Plus, they work and live right in your community, so they understand your needs. They’ll help you:
- Determine the right coverage and liability limits
- Select the proper deductible
- Take advantage of all available discounts
Absolutely! If you want above-average peace of mind, we offer several optional coverages. For example, you can customize your condo insurance by adding the following:
- Cyber and Identity Protection
- Home Systems Breakdown
- Replacement Cost Contents
- Supplemental Loss Assessment
If you have pets and want to add pet insurance, you can do that too. However, pet insurance must be purchased as a separate policy altogether.
Plymouth Rock has been providing customer-first insurance for over 35 years. In that time, we’ve served more than 700,000 customers and sold more than $1.8 billion in managed premium, earning us an A- “Excellent” rating from A.M. Best Rating Services.