You may not want to spend your free time this summer doing home maintenance. But you don’t want to wait until it’s too late either. Follow these summer home maintenance tasks to keep your home’s curb appeal high.
10 Things to Check on your home this summer
Keep your home in prime condition with this important summer home maintenance checklist:
- Prune weak or dying trees. If a branch falls, it could cause serious injury or damage your property.
- Keep your grill safe to use by removing buildup from the grates. If you have a gas grill, check the fuel line for gas leaks.
- Look for cracks in your foundation. Cracks can allow groundwater, insects and radon gas to enter your home.
- Clean your air conditioning filters at least once a month for maximum efficiency.
- Repaint any chipped, cracked or faded exterior paint. This will protect your home from the elements.
- Stay on top of routine landscaping. An overgrown lawn can lead to infestations and damage existing plants.
- Treat your pool regularly. Check the filter basket and chemical levels weekly, and scrub the sides monthly.
- Clean your dryer vent to increase efficiency and prevent home fires.
- Make sure outdoor play equipment is safe. Reinforce, reseal or repaint as needed.
- Sweep and wash your deck. Check for loose nails and rotting wood.
The above content is for general informational purposes only and does not replace or modify any provisions, limitations or exclusions contained in any insurance policy. Links to third-party websites are provided as a convenience and are for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement of any products, services or opinions contained therein. Plymouth Rock is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the content on these sites.