With holiday vacations and winter getaways right around the corner, you might need to be prepared for the process of renting a car. While a vacation to a warm, sunny spot on the beach conjures up relaxing thoughts, what you do before you get there is called traveling — and that can be stressful.
At some point during your travels, or following a car accident (another stressful event), you might have to rent a car and make choices about insurance. We’ve put together some guidelines to help you understand what you might encounter when insuring your rental car. You’ll be presented with options like:
- Liability: Coverage that offers the renter protection for damage they cause to others in the rented vehicle.
- Loss Waiver: Coverage that the renter purchases in case any physical damage is done to the vehicle they rent.
- Personal Injury: Coverage for medical and ambulance expenses for both operators and passengers inside the rental.
- Personal Property: Coverage for the personal items in your rented vehicle.
- Did you know? If you have an active personal automobile insurance policy with comprehensive and collision coverage on at least one vehicle through Plymouth Rock Assurance and are renting a car in Canada, the United States or a United States territory, then your auto coverage extends to any vehicle you rent.
Save time and money by knowing your coverages and options before you go. You’ve got better things to do on vacation.
Click here for more information about insurance in your state.