Last updated on October 16, 2019 at 10:43 am
When is the last time you checked in with your Plymouth Rock appointed independent agent about your insurance coverage? Catch up with them this season to make sure you have the right coverage for you and your family. Don’t wait until you need to file a claim to find out. Your coverage review might also uncover ways to save money! Here are four questions to ask your insurance agent:
1. Am I getting all of the discounts for which I qualify? You could be missing out on savings! Here are a few you might have overlooked:
- A package discount for bundling home and auto coverages
- A security-related discount for having a factory or aftermarket anti-theft device
2. Do I have the right coverage? Ask your agent, “Am I covered …?”
- “In the event of a flood?”
- “In the event of a hit-and-run accident?”
- “If water gets in my basement?”
- “If lightning strikes my house?”
3. Does my policy protect me from a covered loss up to the limits purchased?
- Did you know that your auto policy includes free legal representation in the event of a covered loss under your auto policy? However, you should speak with your agent about the coverage limits you purchased with your auto policy to ensure you have the protection you need.
4. Do I really need a personal umbrella policy?
- Personal umbrella policies may protect you against a large claim when you are liable. These policies offer tremendous coverage for very little cost. Talk to your agent about umbrella options.